Internet Trademark Infringement
Businesses spend significant time and resources creating, marketing, and promoting their and logos as well as the names and logos of their products. Attorney Domingo J. Rivera and the other Internet lawyers from our firm understand that When a business creates a website, the logos and unique marks developed by the business are easily exposed for others to download, use, and in many cases utilize to compete against the owner of the trademark or trade name.
Similarly, cybersquatters may register domain names containing a business’ trade name or trademark. These domain name cybersquatters may intend to profit from the brand recognition, create customer confusion to promote competing products, or simply want to sell the domain name to the trademark owner for a profit.
In addition to trademark infringement in domain name registration, online trademark infringement occurs frequently in domain name registration, meta tags, and keyword search advertising. As your online trademark infringement lawyers, we provide you advice on how to protect your Intellectual Property against all Internet based trademark infringement. Some instances of Internet trademark infringement include:
Trademark Infringement in Domain Names, Cybersquatting, and Cyber-piracy – Internet trademark infringement may occur as a result of the registration of a domain name in violation of the rights of a trademark owner. Our trademark infringement attorneys can assist you in protecting your trademark rights from cybersquatters and cyber-pirates and can also assist you in recovering your domain name.
Trademark Infringement in Meta Tags – What happens when a website owner uses another entity’s trademarks as meta tags? Is it trademark infringement? We frequently handle issues of Internet trademark infringement resulting from the use of a trademark as a meta tag. A trademark infringement attorney with our firm will assist you in evaluating the situation and stopping the infringing conduct.
Trademark Infringement in Keyword Search Advertising – Web searches are the primary method used for finding goods and services on the Internet. Therefore, online keyword advertising is a very popular and effective method of Internet advertisement. Can a business use its competitor’s name and/or trademark as a search keyword without engaging in online trademark infringement? An Internet trademark infringement can evaluate your particular situation and provide you with sound trademark infringement advice and stop the infringement against your trademark.
Our Internet trademark infringement attorneys assist our clients in stopping Internet trademark infringement and cybersquatting. We frequently deal with Internet trademark infringement issues, for example:
- A competitor registered a domain name containing a business’ federally registered trademark. Intervention from an Internet trademark infringement and cybersquatting attorney is required to keep the competitor from stealing the business’ Internet traffic.
- A competitor utilized a registered trademark as an Internet search engine keyword. The assistance of a trademark infringement attorney is necessary to keep the competitor from obtaining Internet traffic rightfully belonging to the trademark owner.
- A business receives a cease and desist letter accusing it of Internet trademark infringement. The trademark in question is not unique and should have never qualified for trademark protection in the first place. An Internet trademark lawyer intervenes to stop the bullying and idle threats of litigation against the business.
- Our client was the owner of a trademark for a product that the corporation sold online. A prospective competitor initiated a campaign of using our client’s trademark to falsely criticize the effectiveness of the product in the eve of launching a competing commercial product.
- A business’ website is removed from the major search engines as a result of false accusations of trademark infringement. Prompt action is required to secure the survival of the business.
When you need the services of an Internet trademark infringement attorney, Internet trademark lawyer, cyber squatting lawyer, cyber-piracy legal practitioner… we understand Internet trademark law.